Less than 2 hours drive from Brisbane, Noosa is the perfect place to relax and explore over a long weekend. As with the rest of Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, the environment is beautiful! There are endless stunning beaches and expansive lush national parks filled with wildlife. Whether you're looking for action, or are keen to just chill out, there is plenty to experience. The following itinerary is jam-packed with things to do, based around Noosa's stunning beaches and central river.
- You can get flights from all major airports to Brisbane. If you're coming from NZ, you can choose from Air New Zealand, China Air, Virgin Australia, Emirates, and Qantas.
- Once you arrive in Brisbane, a shuttle will take you a short distance to the JUCY branch.
- The drive from Brisbane to Noosa takes one and a half to two hours.
WHERE TO STAY
There's accommodation in Noosa to cater to every budget, from backpackers to swanky digs. If you're looking for a lush Pacific getaway we loved South Pacific Resort, or if you're looking for something more budget-friendly, Noosa River Resort ticks all the boxes.
Noosa points of interest
Here's a quick rundown of some of the cool places to vist around Noosa:
- Sunspace Cafe
- Eumundi Markets
- Noosa Botanical Gardens
- Twig and Grace
- Butter Factory Arts Centre
- Majestic Theatre
- Cooloola Berries
- James McKane Memorial/Tablelands Lookout
- Kin Kin
- Apollonian Hotel
Noosa three-day itinerary
Here's how you can spend three days - a long weekend! - in Noosa.
- Pick up your JUCY wheels from our Brisbane branch and jump on the M1! Follow the signage or your GPS instructions to get to Noosa. It should take approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Arrive in Noosa and check into your accommodation! We recommend one of the many hotels, resorts or apartments located in Noosa Heads as they're close to the main beach, restaurants and shopping!
- Spend the rest of your afternoon exploring the Noosa National Park. Follow the boardwalk from Noosa Main Beach into the Noosa National Park. Along the way, look out across Laguna Bay for dolphins, or spot a koala in the trees. The National Park has many popular bays and surfing spots, not to mention walking paths for a short stroll or a longer hike. Don’t forget to check out Tea Tree Bay, Granite Bay and the ‘fairy pools’.
- Watch the sunset from the shore of Noosa Main Beach! Or, head to Mt Tinbeerwah Lookout to catch the sunset. It's a beautiful spot overlooking the entire region and a great way to start your evening.
- Enjoy dinner at one of Hastings Street's many eateries! For cheap eats, we recommend Betty's Burgers & Concrete Co. The atmosphere and lively and everything on the menu is epic! For something a little fancier, we recommend Sails. Chef Paul Leete, has created an incredible menu full of modern Australian cuisine made with fresh, seasonal produce. Elegant decor and exceptional service compliment the uninterrupted views of Noosa Beach.
- After dinner, head back to your accommodation and hit the hay, you've got a big day tomorrow!
Pictures by @em.peachy
- Rise and shine! Grab a coffee from a local cafe, as well as some goodies from the Noosa Hot Bread Shop. Perch yourself on a park bench with a view and have breakfast while listening to the birds chirping and the waves crashing.
- Follow the boardwalk from Noosa Main Beach to Little Cove Beach for a swim. This magnificent spot is perfectly situated between Noosa's Hastings St and the Noosa National Park, where you have uninterrupted views across Laguna Bay and over to Noosa's North Shore.
- Set off on a Noosa Country Drive to nearby towns such as Kin Kin. Enjoy lunch at Kin Kin General Store, a thriving restaurant & farm shop in the heart of Kin Kin.
Or, hire a jet ski and see Noosa from the water! Get a guided tour or follow your nose around to Laguna Bay, jumping the waves of the Noosa bar on the way out, continue out around the Noosa National Park, where you might see dolphins, then race across the bay to the Noosa North Shore, and back to the River mouth.
Spend the rest of your morning exploring the Noosa River by foot. Head along Gympie Terrace to see lots of palm trees, jetties, pelicans, and locals walking their dogs, fishing or cycling. If you're keen to have a go at some water-based activities, like kayaking, rowing, sailing, or stand up paddling, now's the time!
Enjoy lunch while floating on the Noosa River at Noosa Boathouse. The stunning views, lovely menu, and wonderful service combine to create a relaxed and casual dining experience that encapsulates the Noosa lifestyle.
- Spend the rest of your afternoon exploring Noosa Heads. Low-rise and leafy, the coastal town of Noosa Heads is surrounded by the calm waters of Laguna Bay, Noosa National Park and the tranquil Noosa River. If you're stuck for what to do, we recommend checking out: the Noosa Woods jetty, for great views of million dollar houses and the Noosa River; or Noosa Spit and Noosa Doggy Beach, for happy pups, boats, fisherman and kite surfers.
- Finish off your day of adventure with dinner at the Noosa Heads Surf Club Restaurant. Grab a table on the deck and watch the sunset while demolishing a delicious meal from the extensive a la carte menu. If you're not too tired, head onto a bar to experience Noosa's nightlife! We love Miss Moneypenny's for cocktails.
Pictures by @mycolourfulworld_
- Start your day with sunrise from the Noosa National Park. Along the way look out across Laguna Bay for dolphins, or spot a koala in the trees. The National Park has many popular bays and surfing spots, not to mention walking paths for a short stroll or a longer hike.
- Explore the Noosa Farmers Markets and discover some of the region’s best produce. Nestled amongst the fragrant gum trees, every Sunday a hive of activity takes place. The Noosa Farmers' Market is genuine, it’s honest and it’s packed with produce that makes your mouth water. There are so many different types of stalls at the markets from fresh organic produce, freshly squeezed lime drinks, sumptuous marinades and sauces to beautiful and aromatic skin care products.
- Finally, head back to JUCY Brisbane and catch an evening flight home!