Frequently Asked Questions

Driver Licence Requirements

JUCY accepts drivers 18 years and over who hold:

  • A Full Driver Licence in English
  • An Australian Green P Plate (P2) Licence. Please check out our Terms & Conditions for more information, we do NOT accept Learners Licence or any probationary Licences, including a Red P Plate or a P1 Licence.

If the Licence is not in English, then you will need an International Driver Permit or a Certified Translation of the home country Driver Licence. This must accompany the home country Driver Licence.

For drivers between 18-20 an underage driver surcharge will apply for rentals on cars and will be quoted at the time of booking.

Where can I camp in Australia?

There are some great options for staying in your JUCY camper in Australia. You can check out holiday park options on the Big4 site here to see where you can stay in your JUCY wheels.

Although freedom camping is possible in some parts of Australia we recommend you stay in a holiday park. Council laws prohibit free camping on the side of the road near towns and cities and it can be tricky without a lot of planning to know where the free sites are.

Freedom Camping in Australia

Freedom Camping (i.e. camping in public places) is allowed in some parts of Australia. However, you will find that there are also large number of clean and well-equipped campgrounds situated in amazing locations around the country. If you do decide to Freedom Camp, you need to ensure that you are in a designated free camping zone otherwise you will receive a large fine. Council laws prohibit camping in and around towns and cities unless you are in holiday parks, you are only permitted to stay overnight in overnight rest areas, national park campgrounds (for a small fee) and other regulated designated campsites. There’s a handy app called CamperMate that you can download which shows all free and paid camping areas and holiday parks in Australia, you can also buy a Camps Australia book which shows these along with road maps. Just remember to leave no trace of your visit when in campgrounds, throw your rubbish in bins provided or take it with you if there isn’t a bin.

What is the minimum hire period?

Our standard minimum hire period is 5 days for Campas and 1 day for cars. Minimum hire periods may increase over peak season, and are subject to change without notice based on the season and availability. To check exact minimum hire periods, it’s best to make a quote for your specific dates.

Do you offer relocation deals?

Yes, we sure do! Check out our current relocations here.

Do I have to pay a deposit to hire from JUCY?

When you hire your wheels from JUCY, you have two options.

  1. Pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking to hold your wheels for the big trip and pay the rest on collection.
  2. Pay in full at the time of booking, one less thing to worry about on collection and gets you on the road faster! 

Can I use a Debit card to hire my JUCY wheels?

Yes! But please ensure you have enough funds on your card to cover any related pre-authorisations and/or charges. For further information, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.

Are there additional charges if I pay by credit card?

Yes. A 2% fee applies for Visa and Mastercard and a 4% fee applies for American Express.

Will I be charged for the kilometres I drive?

No!  Just for you, your hire includes unlimited kilometres meaning you can go wherever the road takes you!

What additional items do you have available for hire?

We have the following additional items available for hire:

• GPS Satellite Navigation

• Camping chairs

• Camping Table

• Roof Racks - only available from Melbourne City Branch, Melbourne Airport Branch & Sydney Airport Branch

• Snow Chains - only available from Melbourne City Branch, Melbourne Airport Branch & Sydney Airport Branch)

• Child and Baby Seats

• AUX cord

• Car charging adaptor

Please note, all items are subject to availability. Let us know at the earliest available opportunity if you need something. 

Do you have baby car seats for hire?

Yes we do, take care of your precious cargo by hiring the following from JUCY:

Baby Seat - (6 months - 4 years / 9 - 18 kg / over 70cm) - rear & front facing

Booster Seat - (4 years - 7 years / 14 - 36 kg / up to 140cm) - front facing only

These can be requested at the time of reservation. Please note they are subject to availability.

JUCY are all about safety, but it is your responsibility to ensure the child restraint is installed correctly.

By law, all children up to 7 years of age must be secured in the correct child car restraint according to their size and age. A child may stop using a child restraint once they turn 7 years of age or if their seated shoulder height is above the top mark of the restraint or their eye level is above the back of the booster seat.

Are there any restrictions on where I can take my car or campa?

We do not permit any vehicles on:

• Any unsealed roads (being a road not sealed with hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete).

• Fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks are also not permitted. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads to recognised commercial campgrounds.

Can I take my JUCY wheels to Kangaroo Island?

Yes! We love Kangaroo Island - such a cool part of the world! Unfortunately, we don't have a branch there just yet...

In terms of travelling there, most of the roads are sealed however there are areas where the roads are unsealed and we have some rules you need to be aware of if you do take your JUCY wheels there. If you take your vehicle on any off-road activities or conditions, including on any unsealed road (being a road not sealed with a hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete) then our excess reduction cover does not provide cover should anything happen. Off-road conditions include: fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads to recognised commercial campgrounds. To find out more, refer to the terms and conditions.

Do you allow your campervans at festivals?

Yes! We love to see JUCY campas at festivals, show your JUCY festival love by hashtagging your snaps #JUCYworld!

How do I make changes to my booking?

To make changes to your booking, including extending the return date, you will need to contact us by phone or email ( Please note that any changes are subject to availability and approval by JUCY. Rates may also be re-calculated at the time of the amendment.

How do I add an additional driver?

Good thinking - adding an additional driver allows you more time to see the stunning Australian scenery. Adding an additional driver is easy, you can come into any of our branches with the licence for our crew to sight, unfortunately we are not able to add this on over the phone or by email.

Additional drivers are $2 per day, per driver. We keep this low for you as an additional driver makes for safer driving. It's worth noting that as per our excess reduction rules, all drivers must be named on the agreement before driving to be covered.

What Excess Reduction Cover options are available?

Our Excess Reduction covers you for all damage to the JUCY vehicle and Third Party vehicles or property. However, like any cover, there are exclusions. To find out more about these exclusions, see section 11 of the Terms & Conditions.

The Excess Reduction Cover options available, vary per vehicle category – Car, Campa and Motorhome.

If you select Stress Free, it means you have no excess and no security bond. A $75 claims administration fee does apply for all accident claims though. 

You can select your Excess Reduction Cover option at the branch when you collect your JUCY wheels or contact us by phone or email (

Do you offer Roadside Assistance?

Yes! We sure do. We offer 24 hour roadside assistance, call us on 1800 150 850 select option 2 and then option 2 for assistance.


All Mechanical breakdowns are covered by JUCY's relevant Roadside Assistance program and include the following;

•Engine faults

•Electrical faults

•Cooling system

•Vehicle recovery


All Non-Mechanical breakdowns are subject to the relevant call out fees and are not covered by Stress Free Excess Reduction Cover, for example;

•Out of fuel / incorrect fuelling of the vehicle

•Wheels and tyres

•Keys being lost, broken or locked inside the vehicle

•Flat batteries

•A breakdown as a result of damage caused in an accident, including salvage


What are JUCY's cancellation fees?

We know that some things are out of your control and you may unfortunately need to cancel so here are our cancellation terms:

If cancelling prior to 22 days of pick up - a full refund of the deposit will be made (not including any credit card fees).

If cancelling between 1-21 days prior to pick up - your 20% deposit is non-refundable.

If you cancel on the day of pick up, or if you don't show to pick up your vehicle – full rental costs are applicable and the amount becomes non-refundable.

Do your vehicles have USB inputs?

Crib: No

Condo: Yes, in rear

Sleeper: No

El Cheapo Sleeper: No

Champ: No

Styla: No

Travella: No

What vehicles can roof racks be fitted to?

Most of our JUCY wheels can have roof racks fitted (subject to availability), except for the following: Champ, Condo & Casa Plus.

Roof racks should not be used to store any luggage, at any time - we'd hate for you to lose your socks on the highway!

Do you have bike racks?

Unfortunately, we do not have bike racks available on our vehicles.

You are welcome to bring your own bike rack, however any damage caused by this to our vehicle, is not covered under our excess reduction cover.

Which vehicles connect to 240v campsite power?

Need to power up? Our Condo & Casa have the option of a 240v mains campground hook up as well as a domestic dual 12v battery.

The Crib, Champ, and Condo all have domestic dual 12v battery systems.

We cannot guarantee just how long the domestic battery will last - all you need is another JUCY adventure on the road, to charge it up again.

How do I pay for the toll road?

All our JUCY vehicles are fitted with a Roads & Maritime Services (RMS) E-Toll Tag.

If you travel on a toll road and incur any tolls, JUCY will supply your details, including credit card details, to RMS. You must pay RMS the tolls incurred and a service fee of $3.30 for each calendar day on which the Vehicle incurs a toll.

Why has JUCY charged me a $60 administration fee for an infringement?

Unfortunately, if infringements are incurred while you are in your JUCY wheels and these are not paid within the timeframe designated by the infringement authority, the issuing authority sends a notice to JUCY. We have to pass the notice onto a third-party to have the name on the notice changed from JUCY’s to yours. The third-party charges us an administration fee to process the change of name, we pass this onto you in addition to the fine amount. 

What is the unpaid infringement process?

If you think you've incurred an infringement while you were out in your JUCY wheels, it's good to know our processes and any additional costs associated with the fine.

When JUCY receives an unpaid infringement notice from the relevant authority, it must be changed from our name into yours as you were the person who had the vehicle on hire from us at the time the fine occurred. This name transfer involves a third party who charge us a fee to make the change. We pass this charge, $60, onto you in addition to the fine amount. Following the name change, the infringement authority will then send out the unpaid infringement notice to the name and address held against the booking. This must be paid by the customer responsible.

Unfortunately, the infringement authority can take up to four months to process infringements. Once the infringement authority has processed the infringements, they are then sent to JUCY.

Should you wish to dispute the infringement fine, you must contact the authority that has issued the fine.

If you have already paid your infringement and have still been charged the $60 administration fee, then please send us a copy of your receipt to and our team will look into this further. Please note that you must have paid the infringement before JUCY received the notice.

When should I use snow chains?

JUCY is all about safety and we recommend you always carry snow chains in the ski season.

It is a legal requirement that all vehicles travelling The Great Alpine Road and entering Mt. Hotham Alpine Resort (VIC) must carry Diamond Pattern chains at all times during the declared snow season and must be fitted where directed. In accordance with State Law the Hirer can be fined for not carrying and fitting chains as directed

The Hoys Mt Hotham Snow Chain Service can fit your JUCY chains for a fee. This Mobile Service is located in the designated roadside chain fitting bays between Harrietville and the Mt. Hotham Village

It's super important to take note of warning signs and fit your chains as required, to keep safe and prevent the police issuing you a fine.

Where are your branches and what are the opening hours?

You’ll find a list of our branches and opening hours here! 

Is there a Public Holiday Surcharge?

Yes, if you are picking up/dropping off your JUCY wheels in Australia on any of the following days (or public holidays declared for these days), a $100 surcharge will be applicable.

New Year's Day, Australia Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Anzac Day and Boxing Day.

Where can I find the JUCY Terms & Conditions?

If you’re hiring one of our cars or campervans you can see our full Terms & Conditions here.